Saturday, January 31, 2009

Amen!

I was so disgusted last week with a 0.2 GAIN that I just couldn't post. I was so aggravated at how long it was taking to get to 60 that I was prepared to call it "game over" and move on with my life. But you all know my husband, and he's Mr. Don't Quit, so I persevered.

I was flat out determined to make 60 this week. Wednesday I didn't have time to exercise until 11:30pm, but I did it. Thursday and Friday I did double exercise--Richard Simmons for 30 minutes and Wii Fit step aerobics and jogging for 30 minutes.

This morning I woke up before 6am and I did another 10 minutes Wii Fit. I was hopeful--Wii Fit said I'd lost 2.6, but I don't trust that wily little machine to be in synch with the scale at the WW meeting.

So I drove over there this morning freezing my butt off, and honestly, I didn't feel any different. I just kept praying "Please, I just need to lose 0.6 to hit sixty, that's all I'm asking."

I stepped on the scale and the loss was beyond what I could have hoped--2 pounds even, for a sum total of 61.4. HALLELUJAH! When they announced it at the meeting, the place went crazy. And one guy even came up to me afterwards just to shake my hand and tell me to keep up the good work! What a feeling :)

I spent 3 weeks hovering at 56 and 3 more weeks hovering at 59, and I don't care if I have to kill myself with the aerobics, I don't want to do that again. It's nice to get an idea of what maintenance would feel like, but I don't want to maintain my current weight!! I want to lose it. So time to keep plugging. Plus, I'm a mere 8.6 pounds away from weighing the same as my sister--for the first time in FOREVER. So I gotta teach her who's the boss! (I'm gunning for you, Judith.)

This week, I am going to attempt to join Russell on the "no carb" diet to an extent--I've decided to make soda something I have when I'm out. I drink way too much of it, even the diet stuff. And Cherry Coke Zero has become my new drug of choice. Since we're eating out a lot less, I'm hoping that I can cut my soda intake in half and start drinking a LOT more water. I've got last summer's Crystal Light Lemonade stash in the cupboard, but lemonade seems like such a summertime drink, and it's been so freakin' cold here, I can't even think of drinking it. So water and Fruit20 will be my new beverages of choice for now. We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great job! I'm so proud of you.

Emtifah said...

Hey Chica - WAY TO GO!!!

Just keep on keepin' on. You are definitely serving as my inspiration.