Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Weigh In Day!

Well, it's the Saturday after Thanksgiving, a great national holiday pretty much devoted to food. So, I had my plan in place for how to handle it and did some extra exercising. But I also had my familial food pushers in town, which made it a challenge--yesterday lunch, for instance, was an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet.

But I did it. I stuck to the plan and ate well, and today I came up with a loss of 1.4, for a grand total of 53 pounds!

Christmas is another matter entirely and one I am somewhat dreading. Christmas isn't a day. It's a season. And I love baking. So I'm really trying to force myself to scale back on the baking this year--though it will be hard--and give out lots of goodie boxes to friends and neighbors.

Today's meeting focused on food pushers. I think I've become the worst kind. I packed up a bag of Thanksgiving leftovers for Judy and Lucas and I put in it everything I didn't want hanging around the house: green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes, dark meat turkey. Let them eat it and get fat. I'm sticking to the plan :-)

1 comment:

nettiemac said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!