Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another Good Loss

It has been since June 26th for my last weigh in, so it's been a while... In that time, I managed to lose 4.2 pounds. Amazing. I now weigh less than I've weighed the last 2 years. Incredible. I can't believe how well this works. But R has moved ahead of me by .6... I'll have to redouble my efforts. Mwahaha.

Of course, I am now down another point! YIKES. This week, I went over twice, but it didn't seem to affect anything.

I'm amazed that this happened for a couple reasons.

Number one, I gave up on tracking after we left my in-laws' house. My dad's computer is on the blink and I wasn't able to stick to any kind of schedule.

Number two, I wound up eating whatever the hell I wanted. Granted, it was in much smaller portions and I didn't have seconds or thirds. Still, I was eating potato salad, pizza, Chinese, ice cream, and fried chicken. And it was GOOD.

So the week ahead, I'm down a point. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully now that I'm back on the plan and sticking to it, everything will go well. The tracking is definitely helpful. I had one of those "lightbulb turns on" moments this week. I bought some Dove dark chocolate pieces to get me through the chocolate cravings. And 5 of those litle suckers is 4 points! So I said "Ok, I'll count out 5, but I'll just eat one." And one became 2 and then I reached for the 3rd before my brain kicked in and said, "What the hell are you doing!?"

So the tracking is definitely a consciousness awaker.

And today Mike and I are going to pick up an exercise bike from someone selling one for $25. Hopefully it works well and we fit on it. :-)

3 comments:

Talmadge said...

And one became 2 and then I reached for the 3rd before my brain kicked in and said, "What the hell are you doing!?"

I've noticed the same thing myself.

Congrats for a nice removal in spite of events. Sometimes surprises can be a good thing.

Unknown said...

You go girl! :)

Lauren said...

WOO!! Way to go!

We should have a tracker for all the weight lost for you and your readers.