Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekly Weigh In Report

I had a good feeling today when I pulled on my capris. I had a feeling things were going to go well. For one thing, my calves have become rock solid courtesy of step aerobics. My legs are a bit more toned and my pants are fitting a lot less snugly. Plus my shirt felt great too.

Little did I suspect a loss of 2.6 however! This brings my total loss to 66.8. If I lose another 1.2 pounds, I'll have lost 20 percent of my original body weight. That's my goal for this week. 1.2 pounds.

I didn't get to 'claim my fame' today and get my 5 pound star because we had a new lifetime member today, so I'll have to do it next week. I am so excited that things are back on track. I've even found tracking not so onerous this week. I've been planning what I eat more and that's helped. But also, I've been doing pen and paper tracking since I'm tired of typing things in. I will use the computer to look up points if need be, but more or less, I have it in my head what my favorite foods are and I can keep good track.

I've also been making better decisions now. I love Panera's mediterranean veggie sandwich. A whole sandwich is 12 points. I also love their shortbread cookies, which clock in at 3, and their chips, another 3. So I order a half sandwich and then add the chips and cookie to make up for it. With a half a classic cafe salad, it's a more than filling meal and I get all my favorites.

I seem to start panicking when I have less than 20 points left. Even though I know I still have lots of points for dinner when I hit 19, it seems when the magic number pops up, my brain starts thinking HORDE THOSE POINTS! I'm not sure what to do about it--twice this week after dinner I had 5-7 points left and I was like, "Well, now what!? Mini bags of popcorn are only a half a point!" So I'm trying to relax a little bit. I guess I am programmed to eat a big dinner, I dunno, and so when those points start disappearing, I start panicking. Anyone else have this problem? Some people in my meeting start their daily points totals at dinner. After they eat dinner, whatever they have left has to get them through breakfast, lunch, and snacks the next day till dinner again. I've thought about it, since the most points I've ever had for breakfast is 4, and lunch usually hovers between 10-12. I guess the mindset might be different, I dunno.

That's all from here! Let's hope next week is a 1.2!

2 comments:

Beth Johnson said...

Way to go Susan. You are doing great and as always, an inspiration to me.

Beth

Talmadge said...

Resetting points at supper? Hmmmmmm ... that one has taken root in my brain. One thing going for it: it protects against any curveballs, i.e. planning for a lower-point meal at night, and eating a bigger lunch, and then we end up having to eat out that night instead of eating in.

Hmmmmmmm....

Oh, and congrats on the drop. Lots of fingers crossed for -1.2 or more.