Friday, October 31, 2008

Early Weigh-In

I weighed in today to outwit the damage that will surely be done at the Melting Pot's Halloween par-tay this evening. And I'm glad I did! 1.2 pounds gone for an even 46 pounds off the bod.

I switched back to doing Richard Simmons this week. I was really hitting the step aerobics hard on the Wii Fit and my knee has been acting up. This led me to the conclusion that I needed to take it easy on all the step aerobics, so I decided to go back to Sweatin'. And really, Sweatin' is a lot more fun than up down up down up down for 20 solid minutes. Although I was proud of myself--1600 steps is your 20 minute goal, and I've broken 2000 every single time and broken 2200 three times. Still, my knee needs a rest and I can modify the Sweatin routine a little bit to avoid all the lunges and kneeling.

Michael keeps lecturing me about November. Why? Last year, November was when we fell off the exercise wagon. With NaNo, I got so busy in the evenings that I didn't exercise. Plus, we were eating take out pretty much non-stop. This year, my goal is to make some big meals--big pots of chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. to have at the ready. I will also set aside time to do the exercising. If I can take an hour to watch Pushing Daisies, by God I can take 40 minutes to sweat my increasingly smaller butt off!

So that's the news from here. We opened our Halloween candy today at lunch time, which was a mistake. How can a Kit Kat taste so good? I had to stop myself, I could have eaten the whole bag. But I only ate 2. I'm going to be very generous with the kids tonight--the candy has to go!

No comments: