Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's Been a While...

I haven't been a good Weight Watcher this year. It's taken me 8 months to lose and keep off roughly 25 pounds when the first 50 came off in 6. Looking back, I can see the mistakes I made--getting careless with 'splurge days' that turned into 'splurge weeks', not tracking, sitting on my butt and not exercising, not weighing and measuring, skipping meetings.

But let's be realistic, this has not been an average year. I've become a mother. I nearly lost my father. I spent 4 weeks on the road this summer. (Did you know that Leah is four months old and has already set foot in 11 states? I don't know anyone else who is nuts enough to attempt that kind of schedule.)

So the past is past. Tomorrow I return to my meetings, I weigh in, and I kick it off again. Nothing is to be gained by beating myself up except extra pounds, pounds which I do not want back. I never, ever, ever want to step on a scale again and see that scary number I saw week one. And I think I'm about halfway to my goal. There's no reason I can't step it up and get to it. I have so many friends on WW now, some here in town, some out of state, some who I see as inspirations, some who view me that way (God help them). I know I can do it.

The time has come to put away the excuses and get to it. My dad's heart attack scared the living hell out of me. I don't want to have one as my own personal wake up call, and I think it would have been a possibility a year and a half ago. I want to keep losing and keep removing that possibility from my life!

2 comments:

nettiemac said...

I am proud of you for recommitting! I know you have had a massively heaped-over full plate..... and now you have a cute little four-month-old extra incentive. You're looking good -- keep it up!!! Hope to see you guys sometime in the not-too-distant future!

i am Susan said...

You should be absolutely proud of your self for getting to where you are. A lot of people would have gained all the weight back if they went through all that you did...Kudos to you.

Have you ever heard of Youth Juice? I just recently started taking it (about 2 months ago). I helps me to stick with a balanced diet and it makes me want to eat properly...you should check it out..
www.susanoseen.youryouthjuice.com

1. It's a full-spectrum multi-vitamin with 19 different vitamins, minerals, and phyto-nutrients.

2. It contains 7 whole ORGANIC Berries

3. It has 3 sea vegetables (one being Fucoidan, which has been studied extensively for many health benefits. If you google just Fucoidan alone, there have been over 750 studies done on it.

4. It has an ORAC score of 123 000 per bottle, 13000 per serving, which is the highest anti-oxidant rating on the market to date. (It is so high because it comes from whole foods, not just juice extracted from berries)

5. It contains 200 mg of Ellagitannins in every bottle as well.

6. We are a Functional Food, not a juice!